six reasons why you should say "yes" to any job interview (whether you want the job or not). By doing that interview you can:
1. Sharpen your interviewing skills. You can read all the interviewing tips you want, but there is nothing like going "live." I would add one more thing to this. If you are a history major, interviews are a great way to practice your talking points regarding how your history-major skills can translate into the marketplace.
2. Discover what others in your industry are up to. Use the interview as a learning opportunity.
3. Build your network
4. Learn what's out there. Even if you don't take the job, you will get a better sense of what you like and don't like about a potential employer.
5. Gain bargaining power. If you tell another employer that you are interviewing elsewhere they will see you as a "hot commodity."
6. Realize you never know what will happen? You may interview for one job and they may offer a different job that you like better.
I encourage you to read the entire post here.