Brian Orme has chosen the five most misused verses in the Bible. He claims that his choices are based on his many years in Christian ministry.
1. Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through him who give me strength."
2. Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
3. Matthew 18:20: “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
4. Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
5. Proverbs 29:18: "Where there is no vision the people perish, but happy is he who keeps the law."
Check out Orme's post at Church Leaders to read the rationale behind his picks.
What do you think? What are the most misused verses int he Bible?
Here is my pick from Revolutionary America:
Galatians 5:1: "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."