- There are approximately 315,000 Protestant churches in America. (As compared to 13,000 McDonalds and 4000 Walmarts).
- Pastors buy 3.8 books per month per person
- 92% of pastors by at least one book per month
- Pastors buy 8-13 million books per year.
- Pastors buy more books than the general population.
- Younger pastors buy more books than older pastors.
- Pastors buy books on topics that interest them or that are recommended to them.
- Half of pastors are reading biographies.
- One-third of pastors are reading business books.
- Pastors buy most of their books at Christian bookstores and online.
- Half of pastors read books on an e-reader of an iPad.
- 90% of pastors recommend books to their congregations from the pulpit.
Saturday, May 18, 2013
What Do Pastors Read?
Barna Group survey of Protestant pastors: