was unveiled at the U.S. Capitol. Over at Religion News Service, Adelle Banks offers five religious facts about Douglass:
1. He was a licensed lay preacher in the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church in Bedford, MA.
2. He published The North Star from the basement of an AME church in Rochester, NY.
3. His home in Washington included images of Jesus and photos of Washington's Metropolitan AME Church.
4. He attended several churches in Washington.
5. There is a church named for him in Elmira, NY.