- The Masters College in California, which was founded by conservative evangelical preacher John MacArthur, is the home of political scientist Gregg Frazer, a strong critic of Barton. (Some of you may recall that MacArthur recently hosted a conference called "Strange Fire" for the sole of purpose of showing that Pentecostal and charismatic Christians are "blaspheming the Holy Spirit" and are thus "cut off from God's blessing.").
- It appears that Ohio Christian University in Circleville, Ohio is one of the so-called "Barton Dozen." The college is giving him a "Faith and Liberty Award."
- Liberty University Law School is certainly one of the "Barton Dozen" At least as long as Mat Staver teaches there.
- Bob Jones University IS NOT one of the "Barton Dozen." A BJU history faculty member states that none of his colleagues on the history faculty support Barton.
- One commentator notes that Patrick Henry College in Virginia IS NOT a friend of Barton or his Christian America thesis.
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University IS one of the "Barton Dozen." Barton specifically mentions the university as one of the schools who "get it right."
- Pensacola Christian College, Barton's alma mater, also seems to be one of the Barton Dozen. The college awarded him an honorary doctorate
- Brewton-Parker College in Mount Vernon, GA awarded Barton an honorary doctorate in 2005.
- Louisiana College invited Barton to deliver a commencement address in 2009 and the president of the college, Joe Aguillard, appears to support Barton's Christian nationalism.
So far it looks like we have identified six of the Barton Dozen:
Liberty University Law School
Ohio Christian University
Oklahoma Wesleyan University
Pensacola Christian College
We need 6 more.
To be fair, it is hard to say whether all the faculty at these institutions believe that Barton's views on American history are accurate. Just because someone received an honorary doctorate from a university or speaks at a commencement does not mean that his or her views are endorsed by everyone at that particular college. But it does suggest that the administration is supportive.