ESPN's Tim Kurkijian has assembled a compendium of baseball's unwritten rules that if violated might get a player hit by a pitch. Here are a few:
1. Don't jog too slowly around the bases after hitting a home run.
2. Don't flip your bat and showboat at home plate after hitting a home run.
3. Don't steal a base if you it is late in the game and your team is winning by six or more runs
4. If your team is winning by a large margin and the count is 3-0, do not swing
5. Don't bunt to break-up a no-hitter.
6. Don't dawdle before entering the batter's box
7. Don't run across the mound on your way back to your dugout after making an out
8. Don't wear too much bling