- I bought some books:
- I bumped into Claire Potter, aka, The Tenured Radical. Always a thrill to discuss historians and the public with Claire. She filled me in on this session and gave me a taste of what to expect later this afternoon at "Being a Public Intellectual: Historians and the Public." I am always inspired by the energy of the Tenured Radical.
- I did not find a lanyard for my name badge.
- Had a great conversation with Kathryn Yahner of Penn State University Press. Check out their new series in Pietist, Moravian, and Anabaptist Studies. I also learned that Scott Rohrer's book Jacob Green's Revolution: Radical Religion and Reform in a Revolutionary Age has sold so well that it will be out in paperback very, very soon. Check out our Author's Corner interview with Scott here and buy that paperback. It's a great book.
- I was really looking forward to seeing Jonathan Den Hartog's new book Patriotism and Piety: Federalist Politics and Religious Struggle in the New American Nation, but the University of Virginia Press did not have a copy on display. (I'll bet someone already bought it, Jonathan!)
- I had a nice chat with the new politics editor at The Atlantic. I can't tell who this person is until next week.
I did not see this: